Sunday, June 25, 2017

In the words of Carol Burnett...

357.  357, this makes 358 posts in this one blog.  I blogged on another sight for a few years, but this one has been my longest run.  I've always been frugal maven from the get go; only my location changed.

We're coming up on a year since my dad passed: 2 weeks from tomorrow.  All of us in the family have started the "a year ago we were", because he was still with us then.  Now he's gone on, and we won't be able to say that for much longer.  After he passed, I considered ending my blog.  If you look at my list of "followers", Daddy was two of them: three if you count the account he set up for Mama, and I was one (by accident).  I never really gained a following, and that's fine.  This blog served it's purpose.  It kept my dad entertained at any rate, and, well, I hope I was able to give a few tips to help someone save money in the future.

It's gotten harder and harder to find things to write about.  To be honest, I don't think my heart has really been in it since Daddy passed.  Over the past year, I've watched as fewer and fewer people tuned into what I had to say.  It doesn't bother me in the least though.  It just points out to me that maybe now would be a good time to move on to other things.  Will I blog again?  Hmmmm maybe.  Who knows.  Etsy is taking a lot of my focus as well as the running of my home.  My boys are almost on their own.  It's a season of changes.  Not sure what the future holds, but I know the man who does.

I want to thank each and every one of you who read my blog; once or consistently.  If you commented here or in person, Thank you.  If you never commented, but I saw where you tuned in, you made my day as well.  I hope in some way, this blog helped someone.   It was my journal of sorts.   It would be nice if it also shared more than just the thoughts of one woman.

So thanks!  I appreciate your support more than you would believe, and in the words of Carol Burnett





"I'm so glad we had this time together
Just to have a laugh or sing a song
Seems we just get started and before you know it
Comes the time we have to say so long"

4 comments:

  1. Will definitely miss you if you don't blog. Whenever I see you have blogged I open immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read each time you blog here....I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete