Monday, October 31, 2011

Still here.....

It is a frosty cool morning or as my mama would say "the frost in on the punkin!".  I am enjoying my second cup of coffee while Rubic reads his literature book.  Had a bit of a scare this past weekend on two fronts.  The first was waking up Saturday morning and finding the heater blowing like crazy but the house still 56 degrees.  Really thought the heater was broken.  Grrr, but wonderful hubby found out it was just on the wrong setting (fan)so relief there.  The second scare was wondering what the future held for me at my job this past weekend, but that has all been resolved and I worried for nothing.  WHEW!  I have always had a heart for home.  Always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but the best I could do was part time, but I am blessed.  There are many women not as fortunate as I .  My dh and I made a decision long ago to forgo monetary gains and focus on our family.  The time for making more money will come later.  Still we have always been comfortable.  I wouldn't trade the time I was able to be home for anything.  I can't get those years back.  So I am glad I was able to make the most of them.  I feel old and proud.  I have children that are now ages 18, 16, and 22.  Well they at least will be in a matter of weeks.  My 18 year old is officially 18, my 16 year old will be 16 in a week and my 22 year old will be official in Dec.   I am really getting in the Christmas/holiday frame of mind.  I looooove christmas.  Always have.  I am hopeful that I will be able to celebrate for years to come.  This year I am hoping will be extra homey in that I will be making many of my gifts.  Love making gifts.  Such fun!  Not really much to write about today.  Just some housekeeping and a doctors appt for Einstien.  I am hopful I will have more to write on tomorrow.  Maybe I can post some crafty pics soon.  You guys have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment