Monday, September 12, 2011

Starting anew and with a new focus.

Wow!  It has been over a year since I updated my blog. Since then I have grown more beets!  LOL.  I have had a whole new garden.  Well, I have neglected this blog, but I am here to say I am here to stay.  I am changing the focus of this blog from previous ones.  For too long I have focused on prepping and self reliance.  Instead this blog will focus on God first.  Now I will still have the recipes, daily musings, etc, but my focus needs to be on God first.  In an economy and world that seems to be ever spiraling out of control, God is my rock.  I have neglected Him as well and I am here to say that is changing.  I have let fear guide me while still espousing Gods provision.  For that Father I ask forgivness.  I am instead going to rely on Him alone.  I still carry links to a few sites that deal with prepping. These are awesome ladies who not only teach preparedness, but also a strong faith in God, homesteading, child rearing, etc.  Check them out at http://www.ruralrevolution/ @blogspot.com and http://www.paretusfamila/ @blogspot.com.  Hello ladies!  Dont get me wrong.  I am not against preparedness, but in my case it is an idol that needs to be removed.  One day when I am ready God will guide me in what I am to do.  Until then my job is to focus on Him.  He has been on the back burner for way to long. 
Instead of rehashing the past year let me just say I still garden, have fruit trees now (yay), bake, and now homeschool our youngest.  My one regret in this is that I should have started homeschooling much earlier.  I let it intimidate me and I shouldn't have.  I was finally able to bring myself to recondition my shirley Temple dolls.  Here is my 18 in doll.  She was made in 1935.  The dress, hat, shoes and pin are original.  I had to purchase the socks.  Her face was painted, she was cleaned and restrung.  I inherited her as well as a 17 in doll from my MILs cousin who regretfully passed from pancreatic cancer. 
Next on my list is the 1940 all composition doll I reconditioned for my mothers christmas gift.  She was purchased on Ebay.  I made her outfit, had to totally repaint her face, restring her and clean her.  She has since been given shoes.  I love composition dolls.  Their faces are so sweet.

So that is my update.  I hope in a crazy world this blog will be a moment of peace to others.  I hope I am able to use this blog to uplift.  Sometimes we just need something positive to keep going.  I want to be positive.                                                                                

Psalm 71 vs 14-16

But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of yoursalvation all day long,
though I know not its measure
I will come an proclaim your mighty acts,
O Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment