Sunday, June 16, 2013

To My Daddy

What can I write about my dad.  A little late getting to this cause it has been a crazy day, but Daddy this is for you!  Growing up, my dad was larger than life.  To this day I believe he is the smartest man in the room in any room.  He is without a doubt a walking encyclopedia.  My dad worked for IBM.  He worked hard to insure that my mom could be home and raise all us kids.  Due to his job, there were times he worked an evening shift and so would be gone when I got home from school, 3rd shift and so would need to sleep,  or would be gone to a training.  But how my heart would leap when daddy would come home.  I was and am still a daddy's girl.  I freely admit it.  Both as a child, and as an adult, I have looked at my dad as  my protector. He's always reminded me of John Wayne.  I know.  Weird, but true.  Now he reminds me of Sean Connery.  LOL.   I always felt the "My dad can beat up your dad" taunt that children threw around was really true in my case.  My favorite memories are when he taught me how to play the dulcimer.  We would sit up playing duets.  He builds beautiful dulcimers. He also paints, is a tech guru, does beautiful wood working,can fix just about anything, and that is just a start.  All in all, I like to think there are things about me that are similar to my dad, and I take great pride in that fact. 

Time has passed and both of us are older, but he is still larger than life to me.  I don't know what my future holds, but I am joyous that my past and present include such a great dad. 

Oh, and this is whathe looks like at every family get together.  You would think he was born with a camera or other type gadget in his hand.

Happy Father day Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment