Friday, March 9, 2012

Rainy days are made for beds and coffee

Totally raining today and I want nothing more than to climb in bed with a cup of coffee and do nothing except maybe nap or read my latest Ted Dekker book.  Can't do that ...yet.  I need to do laundry, clean my bathroom, make bread, hamburger buns, and pizza(for tonight's dinner).  My poor little tomato plants are freaking out.  I left them out last night in the rain on purpose cause I figured the rain would be beneficial and I felt they had hardened off well.  Weeeeelll not so sure about that one.  I brought them in about 5 am cause they were laying over a bit.  Not too bad, what do you think?  Have I done them in?
I have to say this pic was taken this morning and as of the writing of this blog entry @ 3 p.m they have perked up a considerable bit.  But!  Look at this pic of my baby jalapeno pepper plants.  They didn't seem to mind the weather at all!
Sorry, the pic is a little blurry.  I was in a hurry to get the pic done so I could get to other house work that was calling my name.
I have to say I am pleased with my progress so far garden wise.  I managed to get the yard cleaned up in the back and my Dh and my two Ds will be taking a load to the landfill tomorrow.  I have gotten beets, broccoli, onions, English peas, sugar snap peas, spinach and lettuce in the ground and they seem to be doing Okay.  My peach trees and blueberry bushes managed to survive the cold snap, but only because God saw fit to keep the temp above freezing.  Thank you Lord.
On another front I want to show you what I did with an old t shirt.  Now you have to understand that my crocheting abilities leave a lot to be desired, but here it is.(See above pic).  This used to be a t shirt and now it is a hot pad/pot holder for in my kitchen.  Next time I take down a worn out t shirt I will put in a how to pic.  At least I didn't throw it away.  Instead I have made it to be useful again.  Yay.  Although I can't take credit for this idea.  I got it from another blog.  I can't remember the name of the top of my head so I will post it for those interested next time.
So tomorrow is my weekend of work(for pay).  I hope every ones gardens or what ever you put your hand to is doing well.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment