Monday, March 10, 2014

UGGGHHH and while I am at it, GRRRRRR

I'm sick.  Woke up this morning with some sort of stomach bug. What is so frustrating is the fact that it is going to be a sunny 71 degrees.  For the past two days I have been outside in glorious weather tilling up soil, building gardening structures, etc.  I actually have a bit of a tan.  Today I was going to be at work and not home til after 2pm.  I was still going to work outside as soon as I got home.  Now every time I move around I am knocked down by a wave of nausea.  As long as I sit or lay down I only have to deal with a crampy feeling.  I prefer that to nausea.  Shoot, I would rather have a baby with no pain killers than a stomach ailment.   So here I sit...no plans to go outside even this afternoon.  Bummer.

So since I can't go outside physically, I go out in my mind. No I am not transcending an astral plane.  I am planning.  Planning, planning, planning.  So far I have decided to plant more bush beans with my blackberry bushes.  I looked it up and they are friends.  I have plans to add pumpkin and sunflowers.   The sunflowers I hope will be a nice treat for my chick e dees.  Plus I hope it will supplement their feed.  That means I need to plant a lot of them to make it worth my while.  It is mine (and my husbands) desire to have as much of the backyard  planted as possible.  Hubby would rather tend a garden than mow the grass.  I need a big garden this year to make sure I have ample amounts put up for next year.  I usually want about two years worth put up since some years gardens are better than others.  We are digging up new ground this year.  I can't wait for it to all be green and growing.

So anyway, I am off for now. Stay well!

No comments:

Post a Comment