Saturday, March 1, 2014

Crickets Chirping......

Wow!  It has been two weeks since I posted last.  I am totally sure people are holding their breath for my latest tidbit of knowledge.....NOT!  

One reason why I have been quiet lately is the fact that every spare moment has been occupied with updating Rubic's room.  When that hasn't been the case I have either been working, babysitting, or (on nice weather days), prepping the garden for spring planting (WHOOP!).  Once Rubic's room is completed, I will post before and afters.

Another reason for my posting neglect is that fact that I don't really have much to write about.  Now once the garden is in full swing I will have more to write about and probably less time to write.  My "greenhouse" is still a work in progress.  I am tweaking the design here and there.  When I get it to the point where it is a benefit to pass the info on, I will share.  Right now it has helped being able to protect my plants while they bask in the sunlight, but I can't leave them out overnight yet.  It is working to extend the growing season somewhat.  I am trying to get it to the point where I don't have to use electricity to heat it.  So please Stand By.

As far as the seedlings go, they are thriving with one problem.  I think I waited too late to start my broccoli and cabbage plants.  I should have started them indoors around the end of December instead of the end of Jan.  We will see.   The tomatoes, however (up to 54 plants now) are happy as clams and I think will be bigger when transplanted.  It is my hope they will have a better chance of producing before it gets so hot here down south.

Okay, I know this post isn't a barn burner, but I will do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment