Monday, February 2, 2015

Well that'll teach me to brag

Sooooo, remember when I said in my last post how my working more hours would allow us to pay off our car 5 months early and our 1 last credit card by the end of the year?  Yea......not so much any more.  Don't get me wrong,   We will make progress, but we have had a bit of a snafu.  Dh's truck is gone (sound of Taps playing here).  Alas little truck we hardly knew ye.  It left us Saturday on the way to Lowes to pick up some stuff.  A friend picked us up and brought us home.  We contacted a tow truck and sent it back to a mechanic.  So today we found out that truck has driven its last mile.  We are down to 1 car again.

This is where the rubber meets the road.  This is where paying off debt and staying out of debt gets hard.  It would be so easy to pay off our current loan 5 months early only to turn around and get another loan for yet another car.  Putting us back into debt.  Or....... we can pay off the current loan and continue to pay ourselves; putting back money to buy another car  If things go according to plan, we would have enough to get a reasonably priced car by the end of the year.  It means some inconvenience for a while, but the pay off would be awesome!  Well worth it I believe.  It also means we could still be ahead of the game paying off this last credit card.  It may affect our over all date to be debt free, but not by much.  All the best laid plans of mice and men......  We will see if this pans out.  Nothing is for certain.....except Jesus, but I am willing to give this a try.  Another challenge, and I loves me one of those.  

No comments:

Post a Comment