Friday, January 13, 2012

OK, it's January now.

Yep, it is in the low 20's with a wind chill of 13.  Now up north it might not be impressive, but down here in the south that is cold!  So instead of going to the YMCA this morning, we are going in the afternoon.  Since we are doing that, once I am done here I will be going to get some house stuff accomplished.  I am happy that I have been able to get some sewing done.  I finished 2 pairs of pajamas for myself.  They are more for spring and summer, but they are done.  I tried this new thing with the elastic waist that my sister told me about.  You sew the elastic on the top side of the waist band, stretching it as you go.  Then you fold it over and sew down the bottom.  I tell you it beats the treading elastic and trying to tack it down to keep it from rolling.  I also almost finished a little doll outfit, but it isn't my best work so I wont be selling it.  I will be using it on my own dolls.  It is a cute little white diaper shirt with tiny red roses and has a matching bonnet and booties.  I will use it as a summer outfit for one of my dolls.  I already have the doll in mind.  She is my doll in the pink winter coat.
This coat and hat were made by my grandmother 30 years ago; for this doll.  My grandmother made an entire wardrobe for this doll and one other "tender love" doll.  I had pajamas, blankets, dresses, rompers, diapers, shoes, even a bath robe.  Now the doll you see is wearing that coats and hat, but the pantsuit outfit was made by me.  Both dolls are 40 years old.  Made in 1972.  The bottom pic is my other doll.  Her outfit is also made by me.


 I probably won't get any more sewing done this week, but it was nice to get some done.  Basically I am running through current projects to get them completed before I move on to other things.  I have two pot holders and one baby t shirt to finish.  I have some doll coats and hats to make, but I am still looking for the right flannel to line them with in order to make them warm.  Yes I know dolls don't feel cold, but my goal is to have doll clothes that could double as premmie clothes.
So now that I have bored everyone with dolls and sewing stuff, I will shove off and get some work done.  You guys have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment