Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Well you would never think it was Jan 10th. Humph!

So I have to say in our neck of the woods we have had a very mild winter.  That is all fine and good, but now it makes me want to plant even more than normal!  Next week I do get to plant my snow peas.  I am hoping they do well this year.  I swear I could eat them (and do) straight off the plant.  My other concern is that my blueberry bushes will bloom early and then get zapped by a hard freeze.  That is not good.  So I am making plans for a sort of mini green house that I can put together with PVC pipe.  I won't glue the pieces because I want to be able to take it apart for storage.  Anyway, this will, hopefully, be like a lean too green house in that is will lean against the house covering my blueberry bushes, but using the opened crawlspace door to help heat inside the greenhouse.  It is hard to explain.  I am hoping we have good enough weather to go outside and take measurements by the end of the week.  I am also hopeful I can use this green house for my seedling which I am wanting to start this week.  I am really hopeful ya think?  Anyway, once I start to put it together I will include pics so I can post them here.
Other than all of the gardening stuff I am needing to get back in the swing of things house cleaning wise.  I want to get everything put back together so I can get back to sewing.  I have a stack of little doll clothes I am dying to put together.  It isn't too bad, but I do want the house neater.  I guess I should be doing that as opposed to blogging.  Hmmm.  Well I do need to go anyway.  Once I have the greenhouse done I will post and then I can say I at least contributed something for your reading my blog.  So guys have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment