Sunday, March 10, 2013

Finally!

WooHoo we finally have a string of dry days and then yesterday a wonderful 64 degrees outside.  Dh, Rubic, Einstien and myself spent the afternoon outside.  The Guys cut the grass.  Dh worked on the brush pile, and I set about putting together a concrete raised bed.  The bed is technically built, but since it isn't totally done yet I haven't posted a pic.  I will post a pic when done.  I am pretty proud of it for a first attempt on unlevel ground.  Keep that in mind when you see the pick.  I have to say a big "THANKYOU "to my neighbor who told me I could take what I wanted of the concrete blocks he had stacked in his back yard.  I still plan on paying him for them, but the sentiment was appreciated.  It was also nice to get the blocks since we don't have a truck right now. While my outside yard is still calling my name, and the weather still tempts me to go outside and play today, I am out of bread and so that will have to take priority.  Once I get the bread done, I should have daylight left to go outside.  I am shooting to getting beets, spinach, and lettuce into the ground before Tuesday(our best chance of rain). 
While Granola bakes in the ovens, I was going to share a recipe with you.  For those of you wanting to eat healthy, but cost is a factor; this recipe is for you.  Should the day come where I am ever a few pounds lighter, it will only be because I ate regular food in proportion.  I can't afford all the latest do dads good for weight loss, and am not convienced they are the healthiest choice regardless of what the lable says.  Anyway, here is what I made last night

Chocolate Pumpkin cake (pay non attention to the name, read on)

1 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
2/3 CUP WHEAT FLOUR(PASTRY)
1 CUP SUGAR
2/3 CUP COCOA POWDER
2 TSP BAKING SODA
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/2 TSP SALT
1 LRGE EGG
2 CUPS PUMPKIN PUREE
1 CUP SKIM MILK

MIX ALL THE DRY INGREDIENTS TOGETHER .  ADD THE PUMPKIN, MILK AND EGG.  BEAT IT ALL TOGETHER TIL WELL INCORPORATED.  BAKE IN A 350 OVEN ABOUT 20-25 MIN OR TIL A FORK INSERTED IN THE MIDDLE COMES OUT CLEAN. 

I topped this cake with a Tbs of chocolate syrup instead of frosting.  You will not taste the pumpkin, and it is a great way to get that extra veggie, not to mention it allows the cake to be for the most  part fat free.  Try it and see what you think.  I would be happy to know the results.

So that is it for now except the other thing I fianlly can say and that is Diva and her hubby are going to have a baby boy!  That is now two grandsons for me.  Name to be announced.....

No comments:

Post a Comment