Saturday, February 1, 2014

What I did today with a dinner knife and a hair dryer.

MADE YA LOOK!  HA!  Seriously.  I did do something with a dinner knife and a hair dryer.  I removed paint from walls.  Let me splain...no take too long...let me sum up.  We are repainting Rubics room.  The walls were peeling cause the last paint job didn't stick.  Rubic has helped over the last few years.  That is has helped the paint peel.  So Rubic and I get in the room and begin to try to remove the rest of the paint.  Some of it came off with... a dinner knife.  The rest we were trying to sand to blend it into the rest of the wall in order to paint it.  No dice.  This paint would just flake off instead of blending in.  What to do, what to do.  Rubic had mentioned that in the summer the paint was easier to peel.  Following that thought was the knowledge that hardware stores sell glorified blow dryers to remove paint.  I think Hmmmmm I wonder (there it is again) if the heat from my normal hair dryer will help some of this paint turn loose.  Well what do you know it did!  I would hold the dryer on a corner for a few seconds and then I could peel large chunks of paint off the walls.  Best part is NO SANDING!  (Sigh)  I love it when a plan comes together.  Now I am off to get a shower and get the sheet rock dust (from the previous sanding) out of my hair.  Will post a pic of the finished room once it is in fact finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment