Saturday, December 5, 2015

Makin my list and Checkin it twice

In this case I'm not talking about my Christmas list, although that is coming along.  I've been knocking out the homemade gifts as well as supplying my little store.  No I'm taking about my garden seed list.  You see I am getting ready to put an order in for seeds for this coming spring.  Crazy right.  Well not really.  I plan on starting cool weather seeds Dec 23rd.  I have planted seedlings that go out end of Feb and march, but it seems to get to warm too fast for them to be as successful as they can be.  So this year I am starting my own seeds and am hoping to have my Cool weather things in the ground come Feb.  We'll see,  My list consists of Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Spinach, and Cucumbers (but the cucumbers are for warmer weather).  I already have seeds for Snow peas, Beets, Radishes, and carrots.  Wow!  I would love for all these things to produce in abundance.  Nice crisp raw veggie sound so good during this season of sweet, rich, goodies (although the goodies are mighty good).  So I have my list and armed with that I am off to buy my seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment