Friday, January 1, 2016

Party Pooper

"Every Party has a pooper that's why we invited you.  Party Pooper!".  That song still at 48 plays in my head.  I can still hear my mother sing it to one of us when we were not wanting to join in in family activities or other fun things.

I bring this point up because all day yesterday I heard about people ringing in the new year and/or spouting their New Year's Resolutions.  DH and I don't do resolutions.  After a month of rich, high calorie eating, I may go back to our normal healthy eating, but that's the extent of it and usually happens as soon as Christmas is over.  This year I looked back and asked myself what would I choose as a New Year's resolution.  My Answer?  Nothing.  You see my life is a work in progress.  I look back at my twenties and see how far I've come.  Shoot I look back to my early 40's and see how far I've come.  Know what?  Many of those changes in my life or my maturity level came during the year...on their own...without a resolution.  It's a constant work of God in my life.  " Being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus".  (Philippians 1:6).   I am not what I was, but I am still not who I will be.  Best thing about it is, just as a master sculptor see in his minds eye the finished work of his hand, so does Jesus.  He doesn't see me as I am now, but sees me as I will be.  My job is to keep my focus on Him and be receptive to his leading.  This is my daily prayer; to be more receptive to God's voice.  I do look back over this past year (which, sadly,  has gone by so fast) and see the good and bad.  What this makes me realize is how blessed we are.

As for the parties and such.  We are very low key.  We all stayed home in our Pj's, had pizza, and stayed up til Midnight to toast in the new year.  Pretty much it.  I rang in the year with 3 of my favorite guys, feeling blessed.  I couldn't ask for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment