Saturday, January 23, 2016

Well Bless Me! Has it Been a Week Already?

Time flies when you're having fun or in my case sewing, and sewing, and sewing.  You'd think with all the sewing I've been doing I would have more to show for it in my Etsy shop, but alas all I've managed to add to my store is one little outfit.  Most of my time has been spent with two winter coats I'm working on for baby dolls.  Take today for instance.  I have spent the last 4 hours ripping out stitches on one of the coats in order to redo the whole thing.  I've almost got it done but had to take a break because something went wrong.  It was either take a break or set the thing on fire.  Sewing is a task for patient people and I am not a patient person.  Don't ever pray for patience cause God will not just zap you and you will be patient.  Instead he will put a desire in you to take up something, like sewing, that teaches you patience.  I have many more outfits cut out and ready to go, but these coats have become a challenge so those outfits are on the back burner for a bit.

Anyhoo, what has gone on in my neck of the woods lately?  Nothin to write home about, or in my case, write here about.  The truck over heated on the way to my Dh work the other morning.  It was only slightly stressful because I don;t want to have to use our car fund, but less stressful because we do have a car fund.  Yay!  But the good news is the repair is under warranty from the engine replacement back in June.  The repair and towing will cost nothing!  Love that one!  Because of that my Dh asked them to look at the power steering to see why it's leaking.  They may not make the repair right now, but he figured might as well take a look now since it's there anyway.  Hopefully we'll know something Monday.

On the home repair front, we got the estimate for repairing the floor in the kitchen and replacing the damaged ceiling in the master bath.  Not to shabby at $550.  We have it!  Once that's taken care of we'll go back to roof replacement saving, but at a slower pace.


Now.  I will leave you with a pic of hopefully what one of the coats will look like once finished.  This is a coat and hat I made for my moms doll.  The one I'm working on will be similar, not identical


No comments:

Post a Comment