Saturday, October 15, 2016

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

I just wanted to take this moment to announce I HAVE COVERED THE GARDEN WITH BLACK PLASTIC!    Not shouting, just excited.  I have finally done the deed.  In addition I pruned back my blueberry bushes, namely the tree saplings growing up around them.  

On a side note, Just as there are no atheist in fox holes, I don't see how anyone can be a gardener and not believe in God.   Case in point; I have noticed that weeds tend to look similar to the plants they compete with.  Now I'm sure some would say it's because of some nutrient or other condition for which they both share a need.  I'm sure that is the scientific explanation.  However, I believe science just helps us see God's hand in things.  After Adam and Eve screwed up, one of the things God told them in Genesis 3 17-19 " Cursed is the ground because of you.  Through painful toil will you eat food from it all the days of your life.  It will produce thorns and thistles for you and you will eat the plants of the field."  I see this every season.  Never fails.  And it never fails that, for the most part, the weeds look like my wanted plants.  I say all of this to justify tree saplings growing in my blueberry bushes.  I didn't notice them until the sapling was taller than my blueberry bushes.  The leaves, while similar to my blueberry leaves, were larger, but since the plant grew up through the center of my blueberry bush, it wasn't apparent until it got taller than the blueberry bush.  I wouldn't want you to think I was negligent in my gardening duties.  

So anyway, I just wanted to put everyone's mind at rest about  the black plastic saga.  Thanks for your support.  Lol




No comments:

Post a Comment