Monday, September 15, 2014

U.F.O's

Ha!  Made ya look!  The U.F.O's I speak of are not your high in the sky mystery sightings.  No these are the crafter/seemstress Unfinished Projects.  Those items you started with all good intentions and about that time the A.D.D kicks in, the kids become ever more demanding, hubby wants quality time, or just life intrudes and they get laid aside.  My problem is I can have multiple projects going on at once ( Ahemm, the A.D.D for me).  To which I end up with a variety of U.F.O's to deal with.  I am happy to say I have managed to complete two of them in the last couple of weeks:

This throw was started just for our own home. I started it about 2 years ago.  I left off of it with only 18 rows to go.  I finally finisheditabout 2 weeks ago.  I am looking forward to colder weather so I can break it out and test it for coziness.

 
This camo shirt/jacket was originally started for Rubic during his camo phase.  He has since decided he is vegetarian so I'm thinking there won't be any need for hunting in his future.  With a Zombie apocalypes less than likely in the near future, and with the fact he has since grown out of it; I feel safe finishing this for a friend of mine.  Jimmy has given us a deer for the past 2 years each time he hunts.  A camo shirt for him is a small thank  you,  but a heart felt one none the less.


 
I still have U.F.O's to finished and already know I am wanting to start different projects.  Yea, I am crazy like that. 
 
So here is a challange!
 
What U.F.O sightings are in your house?  I would love to see them.  I challange you to finish one U.F.O and post it here.  For those that enter and send me a pic of their finished project, I will send you a jar of cranberry conserve. 
1) Comment here to let me know you are entering.  I will run this challange til Oct 26th. 
 
2) When finished, send me the pic of your finished project to www.meandwarf1@yahoo.com.  I will post the pics here after the challange is over to brag on you.  I would love it if you could include a little history on the project such as how long it took, who it is for, etc.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment