Sunday, December 28, 2014

I do my best work in Pajammas

Years ago, many, seriously, many years ago, I sold Mary Kay cosmetics.  Didn't do too bad all things considered, but I couldn't have supported myself on it.  I sold mainly to get the products for myself at cost.  Anyway, I remember attending a seminar when I first started selling that supposedly would help me be successful in my new endeavor.  The speaker said we would be more successful if we got up each morning, got dressed in a nice outfit, and did our hair and makeup before making our calls (cold calls that is...telemarketing,,,,,,ick).  She said we would be more successful because we would feel successful and it would be projected through our voice into the phone.  I don't know how true that is.  I tried it both ways and never saw much of a difference.  Could have been though the reason for that was my less than enthusiastic view of cold calls.

Anyhoo, one thing I have noticed about  myself over the years; I get more accomplished in PJ's.  Yesterday I started putting Christmas decorations away in my PJ's and robe.  Started nothin, I put decorations away in my PJ's.  I didn't change until well into the afternoon.  I have cleaned my entire house in my jammies.  I have canned quarts of produce in my jammies, I have painted rooms in the house....in my jammies.  I have sewn complete outfits ...in my jammies.  Are you seeing a picture developing here?  I know, sorry if I am generating a visual of me in jammies.  Can't be helped.   I am a person who once started on a task can't be distracted by a little thing such as changing ones clothes.  I am also a person who once I decide to start, I start.  It's what I do,  It's who I am, and it has served me well all these years.

No real point to this conversation.  Just sharing one of the things that makes me me.  I am sure I am not the only PJ ensconced Productive Diva.  Anyone else want to fess up?

No comments:

Post a Comment