Hello all! Before I begin my rant(well kind. I am not nearly so frustrated as I was) I wanted to let you guys know I have fixed the two previous postings that had items missing. What is she talking about? Well you can find the first post http://frugalmavensdailyrave.blogspot.com/2011/11/apple-walnut-pancakes.html and this will now show you the actual recipe for the pancakes I made that day. Please forgive me for not just re-naming this link, but I don't know how(smile). Then the second problem post can be found http://frugalmavensdailyrave.blogspot.com/2011/12/soooooo.html. I hope both of these links work. Fingers crossed.
So now onto my rant. Day before yesterday I spent a decent amount of time re-potting some tomato plants due to over crowding. I finally got them done and had let them stay out of direct sun for the rest of the day to give them time to recover. So yesterday morning I place them in front of my bedroom window. I have storm windows, and while I get good sunlight though them, the sunlight has a hard time reaching all of my plants. Well I decided I would open the inside part of the storm window to allow my seedlings to get as close as possible to the sunlight. I literally get them positioned and turn my back and the inside storm window comes loose from its latch and slams down onto my seedlings; sending seedlings, pots and potting soil flying. It was a mess to be sure. I was afraid I would lose them. I did lose some of them, but managed to salvage about 2/3 of the seedlings. So far. It is a wait and see. I re-potted them and have kept them out of the sun. This morning will tell. I plan on letting them sit in front of the window so we will see how they do. I also canned some chicken and some stew meat, as well as baked my bread for the week. Here is a pic: