Thursday, November 22, 2012

Chocolate a la Shea

I am coming to you from my sattellite office aka, my parents house (smile).  In fact this blog post is brought to you by my dads computer. 
I spent a wonderfully busy day with my mom and my niece cooking the food, and I do mean food (lots of it) for our Thanksgiving dinner.  Seriously people, don't let Biggest loser know.  Days will come, probably Friday, when I will get back on the road to healthy eating, but today all bets are off!  One of the treats calling my name today is a concoction of my niece called Chocolate a la Shea.  What follows is a recipe for shear heaven in a 9X13 pan.

Chocolate a la Shea

1 cup self rising flour
1 stick margarine (or butter)
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
2 sm pkgs instant choc pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 lg carton cool whip

Blend together the flour and margarine(butter) with a fork or pastry knife.  Add the nuts.  Spread in the bottom of a 9X13 pan.  Bake this @ 350 for 15 minutes or until just brown.  Cool.  Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 carton of cool whip.  Spread over the first layer.  Mix the pudding mix, milk, and other 1/2 cup powdered sugar until it thickens.  Spread over the top.  Top with the rest of the coolwhip.  Chill.  You can garnish with chopped nuts or shaved chocolate if you are tempted to.  We were tempted.  LOL.

Yall have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Around here that is called "Oppossum Pie" I actually made one for our Thanksgiving dinner too...and your right, it is delish!

    ReplyDelete