Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This years Thanksgiving is bittersweet in that I won't get to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family.  My Brother in Law is fresh out of the hospital and so they are taking Thanksgiving at home with their family.  That is about the only glitch in my day.  You see even with that little glitch, I have so much to be thankful for. First and foremost my brother in law is out of the hospital, and home with his family. I still get to spend Thanksgiving with my family, my brother and his girlfirend, as well as my parents.  Our home is still standing when there are so many up north and around the country who have no home or electricity. My husband and kids are here.  That brings to mind a gratitude to our military and their families.  Their sacrifice is so great.  It cannot be repaid.   Both my husband and I are employed and I know there are many who are searching for jobs in this economy.  The list of blessings goes on and on.  We are so very blessed, and for that I have to take a moment and really remember Thanksgiving.  It is more than just the holiday between Halloween and Christmas.  It is a time where we are to stop and Thank God for the blessings we do have.  It is only right to show gratitude for everything given to us by our heavenly Father.  In the midst of struggle it is hard to see the good things you have.  Maybe it is the optimist in me, but I believe there is always some little blessing to hold onto.  They may be hard to find, but they are there. Even if the only blessing is the fact that Christ died for us to pay our penalty for sin.  That's is more than enough.   We have grace.  We deserve nothing, but that grace is everything.  
So please, during this time of Thanksgiving.  Give the day its proper time and give God his proper praise.  There will be time enough for shopping, cooking, parties, eating, etc; all the wonderful trappings of Christmas.  But take this time to praise the God who sent his Son for the most special gift of all.  After the praises, we can celebrate Christs birth all the more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment