Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Well I had another post, but it went away

So you're stuck with this one(smile).  So how's everyone today?  It is a glorious morning with clear blue skies and gonna be up to around 80 today.  Yours truly has been out already this morning watering my garden in my housecoat.  Yea we southern folks are crazy that way.  Anyway, I had another post all excited about how my garden was finally in, but apparently the computer knew it wasn't really and so lost my post.  By "not in really" I mean I discovered this morning I am going to have to replant some beans.  Thats all.  It will take me just a few minutes to stick them in the ground.  Then the garden will be in.  As soon as we get a new memory card for our camera, I will take a pic and post it.  I had planted 66 tomato plants in my garden this year and was hopeful that the other 52 plants would survive transplanting so I could sell them.  Alas, not all survived.  The ones that did survive will more than likely go back into the garden because there isn't enough to make it worth my while to sell.  Instead I will plan to sell the produce from the extra plants.  The good news is that I have about 5 or 6 more blueberry babies.  I will cut these away from their mama and let them stay in her shadow until fall.  In the fall they will get moved to their own spot.  That will give me a total of 14 blueberry bushes.  Once they are all producing I will be selling blueberries as well. 

Oh!  And I am announcing here today the future sound of the pitter pattering of little feet.  No I am not expecting( Heaven forbid!).  We are getting chickens!  Finally!  We have a great couple at church, who we get eggs from right now, and they are gonna get us started with four little ones.  We have worked out housing.  It is just a matter of getting it done.  4 hens should give us about 8 dz eggs a month.  Also we will have the benefit of chicken manure and pest control for the garden.

So on the docket today is 1) planting the bean seeds 2) grinding wheat to make flour 3) trying a new batch of no knead bread ( i'll let you know how it turns out), and hopefully sew.  Other than that, not much else.
Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. You are a homesteader now... next, a goat!

    ReplyDelete