Monday, November 14, 2011

Thank God for good samaritans

A cloudy day today with mild temps in the north Ga area.  We may get some rain ahead of a cold front so I am wanting to get out to the garden this morning and do a bit before it rains.  My wonderful dh and my sons cleaned up the back yard this weekend in prep for wintertime.  I was at work this weekend and so couldn't get to it.  Friday was my grocery shopping trip for the month.  Grocery shopping for a month is a long drawn out process, but well worth it in the end.   Anyway, I am finally finished getting groceries, my final stop being Sams warehouse club.  I am loading my groceries in the car, and to do so I had to remove an insulated bag out of the trunk to put something heavier in.  Weeeellllll, apparently I forgot the bag sitting on the bottom of the buggy.  I drove all the way home (18 miles one way).  I get all the groceries put away and then think "Where is that bag".  I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.  That bag had about $50 worth of cold stuff in it.  I cried for a bit cause I figured it was long gone.  Then I took a chance and called Sams to see if someone had turned it in.  THEY DID!  I was so happy, and grateful for someone who did the right thing.  Yeah!  So my wonderful dh drove me down to town again, giving me a break from driving.  I picked it up and came home to put it away.  God bless whoever that was that brought my bag into the store.
Nothing earth shattering on the docket today, except making bread, housekeeping, laundry andhopefully getting in the garden.  Ds has kind of a study guide day today.  He has two tests tomorrow in math and science, plus he needs to finish a history paper on the Vikings.   I have to get the house ready for the holidays as well.  I can't believe Thanksgiving is only 10 days away!  I have done no christmas shopping.  YIKES!  Oh well.  I work better with a deadline.(smile)  So anyway, you guys have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your bag of groceries was turned in...Truly a huge blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind person to turn your bag in! I know you were soo thankful!
    I can't believe it is only 10 days away too! I tell you the older I get the faster the years fly by! Hope you have a wonderful day there :)
    Cary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cary, you know what they say. Once you get over the hill you pick up speed!

    ReplyDelete