Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My jumpin off place

The title to this post seems as good as any.  Does this mean I am going to list resolutions?  Eh not really.  I will probably never be a sz 10.  I will never be as patient as I need to be.  My finances, though better with the wisdom of age, will always be a thorn in my side.  My house is organized on a seasonal basis.  In other words, organized periodically through the year, but never stays that way so if you want to see it you need to catch me at the right time.  So no really new resolutions will darken my door this year.  I am making changes though.  I started a new job in December and will leave my old job as of tomorrow.  The days of 12 hour weekend shifts are gone for me for now.  Instead I get 4 hour days 5 days a week and no weekends.  What a God send.  This will enable me to still help my youngest with school.  It will also keep me motivated to go back to the "Y".  It is hard to stay motivated when you know come the weekend you will do nothing but sit  and use a computer all day.  So that will help me.  I don't like starting a new job because I don't know what I am doing.  I miss the comfort of being a know-it-all.  Don't shake your head at me.  Everyone feels that way.  I am not alone.  I'm just honest.(smile)
Each year my Dh and I try the Daniel fast.  He does so much better than I do.  Last year I did a week (he did three).  I am going to try for three weeks this year.  The main reason for this fast is to draw closer to God.  I need that right now, and to me, knowing God has made possible my ability to go to church on Sundays again; I want to make sure I am dedicating this time to Him.   A side benefit of this fast is the healthy eating that, to me, seems to be a healing after a month of heavy rich food.  I don't know about you, but by the end of the holidays I have a food hangover.  I think I am not alone.  The sheer fact that people resolve, so often, to lose weight in Jan. is proof enough. 
So what does the future hold for the Frugalmaven?  Well I know, God willing, I will welcome my second grandchild into the world this summer.  We have plans  to get our last credit card paid off this year.  I am hopeful for a productive gardening/canning season, and am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and time with my daughter as she and her husband dip their toes into gardening and other self sufficiency skills.  I am looking forward to the time I get to spend with my sister to "sew".  I am looking forward to spending my birthday with my parents and my family.  I am excited that holidays like Mother's and father's day, as well as Easter are holidays I can now spend with family instead of work.  To pay for that privalege, I took a cut in pay; a pretty good sized one, so Frugalmaven will definately be pulling out her blackbelt again.  The future is in God's hands.  You know the old saying "if you ever want to make God laugh, just tell him about your plans".  God's plan for me is so much better than what I could plan for myself, and I am eager to see what that plan is. 
So!  HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  I hope every day of 2013 is the better than the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment